Smartphone and other mobile device prevalence is anticipated to top over 70% of the population by 2020, with over 50% of adults carrying at least two devices at any given time. As the mobile market explodes, businesses are looking more for ways in which to utilize the technology in meaningful ways to make data more accessible and workflows easier. Form app development has emerged as one of the industry-leading customization tools on mobile platforms. Easy-to-use and easy-to-create mobile form builder apps offer businesses of any sizes the ability to create, deploy and track form fed tabular data from mobile input with no coding background or specialized IT support.
Real world uses for mobile forms:
Of course, the applications of a mobile form is as limitless as the imagination of its creator. With drop and drag building, table up building and simple user interfaces, the new generation of mobile forms app products offer nearly instantly deployable options to clients. From product tracking and inventory, to customer surveys and internal workflows, most mobile form developer apps will even offer templates and real world case studies for even the most novice user to properly frame the form architecture to drive meaningful data extraction and reporting.
Five new capabilities you should check out:
Even if you haven’t previously considered deploying a mobile form solution, here are five new generation capabilities that make this a great time to move into mobile data collection.
1. Offline capabilities have come to dominate the market. In the past, fear of dropping a signal caused potential form app users to shy away, fearful of losing data. The newest products all include offline capabilities, so you’ll never lose important data.
2. Customization and customer experience can be taken to an intense new level with micro-level URL generation capacity. You can tailor a survey to a specific event or product and deliver the mobile link via any media platform. Custom URLs allow distribution of forms (departmental to-do lists, quizzes, or equipment tracking) to be managed to the group or individual level.
3. Data is accessible and secure. Most products include cloud data storage. Robust reporting dashboards are also accessible via mobile device and include vast numbers of canned and custom reports that can be queued and delivered in various standard formats.
4. Security measures provide for intense levels of data defensibility. Metadata can collect precision tracking details such as GPS location, speed, cardinal orientation and time stamping. Touchscreen signature capabilities are routinely included, as well as barcode scanner technology.
5. White label ability keeps your business’ brand integrity. Easily adapted, clean design elements make it simple for anyone to create visually stunning mobile forms with their own images. The ProntoForms website may be able to provide additional insights.